Q&A on Pro-Life Activism
QUESTION: For years I’ve been rather quietly pro-life, but now I am more concerned about the abuse of human life. What can I do to help make a difference?
ANSWER: You are not alone in your feelings. Here are some suggestions to consider:
- Volunteer at a local pregnancy care center. You can help in a variety of ways that match your particular interests and talents.
- Participate in the “Change for Life” program to benefit the home-for-mothers ministry of New Beginnings – A Home for Mothers.
- Volunteer at a nursing home or hospice. Many residents are alone and need personal encouragement.
- Share your beliefs in daily conversations. Be confident in discussing your Christian values when talking about life issues.
- Help a single mom or a caregiver. Your support of those who demonstrate a caring attitude gives a strong message about the value of human life.
- Write letters. Your local newspaper as well as your state and federal legislators appreciate hearing from the community.
- Promote a Celebration of Life Sunday at your church. This gives the opportunity to address life issues in the light of God’s Word.
May 7, 2018
May 8, 2018